Diesel Mechanic technician
We currently have an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic Technician to join our team. The Diesel Mechanic Technician will report directly to the IT Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting customers over the phone, chat, and email. Must be comfortable with researching, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to hardware/software problems.
- Bilingual English / Spanish speaking candidates (Preferred).
- Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Track, route, and redirect problems to correct resources
- Update customer data
- Walk customers through the problem-solving process
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customer’s expectations
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure on all work tickets
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements
- Preserve and grow knowledge of help desk procedures, products, and services
- Strong background with computers, either through previous work experience or education
- Customer service oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of software installation process
- General troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Willing to learn product-specific troubleshooting
- Must be a team player
- 1 – 5 years of knowledge in the following areas:
- Diesel engine performance; def systems and regenerations
- Heavy-duty diagnostic software (Cummins Insite, Navistar, Diagnostic Link 8, Davie 4, Wabco)
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues for heavy duty equipment and diesel trucks
- Heavy-duty suspension and air brake repair
- Removing and replacing components on diesel engines and automatic and manual transmissions
Associates Degree in Automotive Technology preferred.
A.S.E. Certification preferred.
Job Type: Full-time