technical support specialist
We currently have an immediate opening for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team. The Technical Support Specialist will report directly to the IT Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting customers over the phone, chat, and email. Must be comfortable with researching, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to hardware / software problems.
- Bilingual English / Spanish speaking candidates (Preferred).
• Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues.
• Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support.
• Track, route, and redirect problems to correct resources.
• Update customer data.
• Walk customers through problem solving process.
• Follow up with customers, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution.
• Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customer’s expectations.
• Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure on all work tickets.
• Recommended procedure modifications or improvements.
• Preserve and grow knowledge of help desk procedures, products, and services.
• Strong background with computers, either through previous work experience or education
• Customer service oriented
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of software installation process
• General troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
• Willing to learn product-specific troubleshooting
• Must be a team player
*Must be able to work on Saturdays*
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 / hour